- The Maritime Day event in May and USCG Appreciation Night in June are both CANCELLED, but will be combined into a larger event on some later TBD date. This event will celebrate our merchant marine, seafarers, and transportation/logistics folks who worked so hard to keep everything afloat during the COVID-19 epidemic.
- The Propeller Club Port of Norfolk will be live-streaming an event on Maritime Day (May 22) at 4:00PM via Youtube, which their president has invited all Ports to. The invitation to honor and toast to seafarers and those working on the water is here. You need only access their Youtube page on that day to participate remotely.
- The Annual Golf Tournament. Once conditions allow, we will be focused on securing sponsors and raffle items, as well as other aspects of planning the golf tournament. We are hoping this event will be held, but it’s dependent on the “large gatherings” decisions made by states in the (hopefully) near future.
Welcome to the International Propeller Club of the United States’ Port of Narragansett Bay. Over the last several years, we saw the Port of Narragansett Bay transform into a 21st century organization. We have broadened our use of online and social media platforms to announce events, register members and guests for events, process payments, learn about our Port and its offerings, and read about local industry news. We will continue to provide online access to club forms, and potentially accept new member applications online as well via email and mail in the future. In addition, our Port has witnessed and assisted the Rhode Island/Massachusetts offshore wind industry as it has moved from conception to reality in the United States.
The Port of Narragansett Bay mirrors the area of responsibility of our USCG Sector SENE, which includes the Rhode Island Coast and southern shore of Massachusetts including Buzzards Bay, Cape Cod, and the Islands. We are also home to two thriving student Port chapters and maritime academic programs at Massachusetts Maritime Academy and Northeast Maritime Institute. Our Port also includes the economic clout of the fishing Ports of Point Judith, RI and New Bedford, MA, as well as the Ports/Terminals at Providence, Quonset, and Davisville, RI and Fall River, Brayton Point, and New Bedford, MA.
Throughout the year the Port of Narragansett Bay organizes quarterly meetings and additional seasonal events. Our signature event, the President’s Cup Golf Tournament, raises funds to award our annual academic scholarships in memory of William J. Torpey, a long-time member and distinguished waterfront shipping advocate in Fall River. The golf tournament offers our members the opportunity to network and socialize with colleagues in the maritime trade in an outdoor, friendly competition setting.
Founded in 1967, The Port of Narragansett Bay continues to serve its members with networking opportunities, informational programs, and the ability to keep abreast of the most important issues facing our ever-changing industry.
Looking ahead, together with your Board of Governors, we will be looking for ways to continue making the Propeller Club of Narragansett Bay your go-to organization for networking opportunities and information on the local maritime industry news.
Thank you for supporting this important maritime and maritime support industry organization. We look forward to your continued participation, and as always, we welcome any input you may have for the betterment of the club and its members.
Jonathan D. Alvarez
Benefits of Membership
There are many benefits to joining the International Propeller Club. These include:
- Invitations to members only events that provide you the ability to network with other maritime community members.
- Meeting and engaging elected officials and government representatives.
- Being part of a dynamic community of maritime professionals dedicated to improving water transportation and our intermodal transportation system.
- Many social events throughout the year to help you build personal and business relationships with others in the maritime community.
- Leadership opportunities in your industry.
Upcoming Local Events